Adsense

Huffington Post
 
5 Lessons I Learned About Courage and Letting Go While Hiking With My Family
Dec 28th 2015, 15:04, by Dorit Sasson

Last year I hiked through the well-known Torrey Pines and the mountains of San Diego before I knew what I was getting into with my family. This was my first time I was hiking as a mother and I was lacking courage. Granted I'm not Cheryl Strayed, author of the New York Times bestselling book Wild, who hikes alone to find herself on the Pacific Crest Trail. But I did try to let go of the thought that this wouldn't be just another family vacation.

I used to hike a lot when I was single. Then motherhood took over and I was occupied with diapering, sleepless nights and worrisome thoughts. Though I settled for walks in our local park, I wanted more of an "edge" in my life. When my second child was born, I tried taking longer walks to regain that perceived loss of freedom that comes with the feelings of mothering.

More...

Media files:
s-TRAVEL-ALONE-mini.jpg (image/jpeg, 0 MB)
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top